Names and photographs of minors below 16 years of age whose births have been registered with the Embassy and who do not possess a passport can be included in either the father's passport or the mother's passport, if a request is made to this effect.
The Embassy can include photographs and names of children only in “L” and “M” series passports of either parent. The Embassy cannot include children in the new “N” series passports since their photographs have to be done digitally, and this facility is only available with the Department of Immigration and Emigration in Colombo.
The Embassy will include name/s and photograph/s of children on their parent's “N” series passport only if the parents are willing to accept the below mentioned conditions; “N” series passports where children's photographs are pasted by the Embassy will be cancelled when they return to Sri Lanka and they will have to obtain new passports by paying the relevant fee.
The names of children that already appear in the passport of one parent may be deleted in the passport of the other parent if so required, with the consent of the parents.
No additional fee will be levied, if the inclusion of children is done at the time of applying for a new passport.
- Duly filled form “C”.
- Four (04) colour photographs [size 2.5 x 3.0 cm].
- Original Birth Certificate(s) of the child/children.
- If the child is born outside Sri Lanka, Citizenship Certificate issued under the Citizenship Act (if the Citizenship Certificate has not yet been issued the original receipt of payment for Citizenship Certificate).
- Travel Document of parents, if one of them does not possess a Travel Document an Affidavit confirming same.
- A letter signed by the parents giving consent to include/ delete the of name(s) and photograph(s) of their child/children into/from either parent's travel document.
- Original Marriage Certificate of parents. The certificate should be legalized by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka. If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka it should be countersigned by the relevant diplomatic representative of the country where the marriage was registered.
- If divorced, the original divorce certificate and documents to prove the legal custody/guardianship of child/children. Those certificates should be legalized by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Affairs of Sri Lanka. If the divorce has been issued by an authority in a foreign country that certificate should be countersigned by the relevant diplomatic representative of the country where the certificate was issued.
- In case of widow / widower, the original Death Certificate of the spouse.
8. Relevant fee.