Children who are below 16 years of age and whose births have been registered with the Embassy will be included in either the father's or the mother's passport if a request is made to this effect.
A separate Travel Document can also be obtained if required.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: (Applicants must submit all original documents with two photocopies.)
- Form K
- 4 colour photographs [3.5 x 4.5 cm] taken within 3 months
- Original Birth Certificate
- If the child is born outside Sri Lanka, original citizenship certificate issued under the Citizenship Act No. 18 of 1948, or copy of the receipt of payment for Citizenship Certificate, if the Citizenship Certificate has been applied for but has not yet been issued.
- Proof of residence of child/children (Residence Permit/Visa, school attendance card or a letter from the school where the child/children is/are studying in case of school going children.)
- Travel documents of parents/ guardians
- Proof of citizenship of parents/ guardians
- Original Marriage Certificate of parents:
- If parents are divorced or separated an original copy of the court decision / guardianship. Such documents should be countersigned by the relevant authorities.
- If a guardian applies for a passport for a child, the guardian must produce the legal documents to prove his/her guardianship.
Written consent from parents giving agreement for issuance of a separate passport to the child.